Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cross Tab with Calendar layout
devikanths
Hi All,
I am new to the BIRT reporting. I have a requirement where the data is to be formatted in a week-by-week format. After searching the web I zeroed that crosstab functionality can be used.
Date(Monday) Date(Tuesday) Date(Wednesday).............. Date(Sunday)
PersonID Amount1 Amount2 Amountx
This pattern should repeat week wise.
Could you please let me know how this can be achieved?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
devikanths
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'devikanths'" data-cid="84721" data-time="1320067305" data-date="31 October 2011 - 06:21 AM"><p>
Hi All,<br />
<br />
I am new to the BIRT reporting. I have a requirement where the data is to be formatted in a week-by-week format. After searching the web I zeroed that crosstab functionality can be used.<br />
<br />
Date(Monday) Date(Tuesday) Date(Wednesday).............. Date(Sunday)<br />
PersonID Amount1 Amount2 Amountx<br />
<br />
This pattern should repeat week wise.<br />
<br />
Could you please let me know how this can be achieved?<br />
<br />
Thanks.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi.. <br />
<br />
Did anyone get a change to look into this.. Please let me know.
mwilliams
Are you wanting a title for each month and everything? Or will your report span more than a month? Also, will there be data every day? Or will you need to fill dates to make sure each day is represented? I have done a calendar layout report with a table that you might be interested in.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1190-birt-calendar-view-report/
devikanths
Hi Mike,
Thank you very much for the response. I dont have much exposure on reporting and hence struggling with this bit. very grateful to your help.
The scenario is like this...
User will input Start Date and End Date for the period on which the report should be run. I have a dataset showing the number of hours a person has charged on a particular day. I need to format this data into a week-wise report.
E.g:
Start Date: 11/07/2011
End Date: 11/13/2011
Lets suppose there are 2 person records in my dataset.
The result should be...
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
11/7/2011 11/8/2011 11/9/2011 11/10/2011 11/11/2011 11/12/2011 11/13/2011 Total
Person Hours Hours Hours Hours Hours Hours Hours
Person1 5 4 0 3 0 0 0 12
Person2 4 5 6 7 8 0 8 38
Total 9 9 6 10 8 0 8
This is the basic requirement. When the dates extend more than a week, all the dates falling in between should be shown with week-wise details.
mwilliams
Can you supply me with a csv file that shows sample data for a couple employees for a few weeks how you would see it in your dataSet? I'll give it a try. Also, let me know your BIRT version.
In case you want to try as well, you're going to have to create an outer list that will show the weeks between the entered dates. Then, you'll have an embedded crosstab that will have to be filtered according to this outer table's group value. This is how you'll get a weekly crosstab. There may be a need for a scripted dataSet that contains all the dates between the entered range and some computed fields to achieve this how you're wanting it.
devikanths
Hi Mike,<br />
<br />
Here is the layout with sample data of the report layout. Thanks.<br />
Start Date parameter will be 11/01/2011<br />
End Date will be 11/16/2011<br />
<em class='bbc'>(Report runs from the Monday of the week containing period start to the Sunday of the week containing period end)</em><br />
The Layout starts from 10/31/2011 since that is the starting monday of that week.<br />
It ends with 11/20/2011 as it will be ending sunday for that week.
mwilliams
This should get you started. It's pretty rough still, but computes the weeks so that no matter the parameter entered, the data covers full weeks. I also added a title to show which week it is in the outer table. The main work left to do is getting the blank rows and columns out of the crosstabs by filling in values for the empties. If your data has actual values for your two measure columns in your crosstab, you'll have an easier time at this than in this particular example. Hope this helps some. Let me know. I made this in 3.7.1.