Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Chart repaint
Simeonov
Hi,
is there a way to manipulate the dataset(scripted) from a Text item using javascript. I would like to get a subset und somehow issue a repaint command to the chart.
Thanks in advance!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mcremer
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Simeonov'" data-cid="84724" data-time="1320072898" data-date="31 October 2011 - 07:54 AM"><p>
Hi,<br />
<br />
is there a way to manipulate the dataset(scripted) from a Text item using javascript. I would like to get a subset und somehow issue a repaint command to the chart.<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance!<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Could you be a bit more clearer what you want 2 do? Do you want to cast a String to a Date object??
Simeonov
I have a scripted dataset binded to a chart. Now, what i would like to do is to access/modify the dataset inroder to get a subset. This should be done from a html text item inside the report. Afterwards i would like to repaint/update the chart without making a complete report refresh.
In other words, i would like to apply filters from this html item to the dataset and visualized it on the chart, without reloading the whole report.
Thanks in advance!
Simeonov
I think i have found a what to refresh the chart using the Generator. The only problem is that i need a GeneratedChartState instance from my current chart. Is there a possibility to get one over the reportContext?
Thank you in advance!
Simeonov
I think i have found a what to refresh the chart using the Generator. The only problem is that i need a GeneratedChartState instance from my current chart. Is there a possibility to get one over the reportContext?
Thank you in advance!
Simeonov
Or using this EmptyUpdateNotifier
Simeonov
I have found a way. What one could do is to get the GCS from the afterRendering und export it with a javascript method over globalVariable.