Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Pound sign
tmphahlele
Hey guys,
I am using BIRT 2.3.2 which is only version that can work with my java bridge. The problem that I have now , is that when I have deployed my reports on the website , the columns that has values formatted with the pound currency show them like these e.g.: "£3,476,167.13".
Has anyone experienced this problem before? Please assist if you have , or you know what might be the problem.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Are you developing your reports in java or using the designer? You see this issue in the HTML output?
tmphahlele
Hey,
I am developing my reports using the designer, and yes, it only shows those characters on HTML output only. It seems fine on excel and pdf.
Thanks
Tate
mwilliams
If I run them in HTML using an external browser from the designer, I don't see the same issue. Do you see the issue when running from the designer? Or just when deployed to your application? What browser are you using? Does this happen in all browsers? Let me know.
tmphahlele
I am looking into my application, when I run them on an external browser , it displays fine. So I when running them from my designer , everything looks fine. The problem , would be my application , so I will consult with the web guys, to look into the character sets. I am using both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. I believe it happens in all browsers because I asked someone to have a look at the reports using Opera Mini and Mozilla Fox and he still encounters the same problem.
I will look into the alternative method.
Thanks a lot.
Tate
mwilliams
Rather than using the currency formatting symbol in BIRT, you could use a HTML text box and use the actual character code to add the symbol to the front of your value. Let me know if your web guys don't find anything, I'll continue to look into reproducing in a web app to test on.
tmphahlele
Hey Williams,
My web guys haven't managed to solve the problem. Do you perhaps know the code and how to apply it 'For the pound sign'. I have tried using an HTML textbox with the actual sign but also generates the same problem. Thanks in advance
mwilliams
£ is the html number representation. You've used that and still get the issue?
mwilliams
If that doesn't work, is it maybe your font? What font are you using?
tmphahlele
That doesn't work..I have managed to try that out using the ASCII Code. I am even getting the server guys to have a look at the settings on it.
I am using verdana through out the report as my font. Which font do you reckon would work. At the moment , I will try the Sans Serif.
mwilliams
I'm not sure. I've been using the default (Sans Serif). I just figured it could be a font issue, or something like that, if nothing else was working for you. Let me know.
tmphahlele
I am now concluding , that it has to be the server settings..I have tried using Sans Serif and Times New Roman, nothing seems to work. Anyway , let me know if you found an alternative to resolving the problem.
mwilliams
Unfortunately, I have not actually seen the problem happen. Can you create a report with the sample database that has this issue that I can try to see if I see the same thing. Maybe I'm doing something different, somehow.