Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
cascading parameter on string with multiple values
soederhamn
Hi forum, I'm a bit new to BIRT so I hope some of you have an idea on how to solve this problem:
I have a dataset that contains a number og keys and a field that contains more than one value with delimiters.
The problem is that I need to make a report where a cascading parameter can filter on a single of the multiple values in my field.
data sample:
KEY values
key1 val1|val4
key2 val1
key3 val2|val4
So the users must be able to select val4 as one of the values in the cascading parameter group and now only get the option of selecting key1 and key2 for the next parameter - how do I fix that ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I'm assuming you mean key1 and key3 for the next parameter values? What kind of dataSet are you using? SQL, flat file, other?
To make sure I understand what you're trying to do, you want the first parameter to list:
val1
val2
val4 <-selected
Then the next parameter would show:
key1
key3
Is this correct? Let me know.
soederhamn
Thanks for your reply - Yes you're absolutely right - sorry for the confusion.
The dataset I'm using is coming from a Jazz Data source so its not like I can mess with it prior to collecting the data. I had an idea that I could create an array linking each key to the single value and create a dataset from this that I could join on my results like
key1,val1
key1,val4
key2,val1
key3,val2
key3,val4
However I have not been able to do this at all - maybe its not possible or maybe I just dont understand BIRT well enough.
mwilliams
Sorry, should have asked before. What is your BIRT version? You might be able to do this with a scripted dataSet, but I'm not sure if that's going to work without connecting to your Jazz db through java or javascript. I'll try though! Let me know.