Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
run JS on Button click
birtprofi
Hi everybody,
I have an urgent problem to solve. For the report I got the ClassicModels Sample DB. The report should work like the link_button.html page.
In the link_button.html is a Javascript integrated, that build a url with the marked checkboxes. First the user mark the checkbox and then the user click on the button: "generate link". Then the java Script build a URL-LINK.
The same function I will use with my BIRT Report (version 3.7), but I tried different things and I always failed.
My intention is that the User run the report, then mark the checkboxes and then he click on the button "generate link". After click on the button, the javascript should run and give me a URL back.
It would be perfect if someone could help me today, because it should be finished till tommorrow. Please feel free to make the necessary changes in the sample report.
Please see the attached files and the screenshot. The Javascript is actually build in in the link_button.html.
best regards rafael f
Screenshot html page and birt Report:
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
birtprofi
entry delated, because double entry (connection problem)
birtprofi
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'birtprofi'" data-cid="84826" data-time="1320308512" data-date="03 November 2011 - 01:21 AM"><p>
Hi everybody,<br />
<br />
I have an urgent problem to solve. For the report I got the ClassicModels Sample DB. The report should work like the link_button.html page.<br />
<br />
In the link_button.html is a Javascript integrated, that build a url with the marked checkboxes. First the user mark the checkbox and then the user click on the button: "generate link". Then the java Script build a URL-LINK.<br />
<br />
The same function I will use with my BIRT Report (version 3.7), but I tried different things and I always failed.<br />
<br />
My intention is that the User run the report, then mark the checkboxes and then he click on the button "generate link". After click on the button, the javascript should run and give me a URL back.<br />
<br />
It would be perfect if someone could help me today, because it should be finished till tommorrow. Please feel free to make the necessary changes in the sample report.<br />
<br />
Please see the attached files and the screenshot. The Javascript is actually build in in the link_button.html.<br />
<br />
best regards rafael f<br />
<br />
Screenshot html page and birt Report:<br /></p></blockquote>
birtprofi
ok I solved the problem. the failure was that I used <br />
<br />
<span class='bbc_underline'>document.mainform.checkbox.length; </span> instead of <br />
<span class='bbc_underline'>document.all.checkbox</span><br />
<br />
Now the JS search the whole document and build then the link in the correct way. If anybode is interesting in this function with checkboxes I will upload it on DevShare.<br />
<br />
best regards<br />
Rafael