Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
custom parameter page
julioleiva
Hi all
I have a custom parameter page written in jsp for a Birt report
I want to publish the jsp page into our Iserver box along with the Birt report
Birt report is not a problem, but I don't know how to integrate the jsp page/
It is possible to do that?
I know how to do it in a tomcat servlet.
Thans a lot for your ideas
JulioC
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi julioleiva,
Information console is a struts based web application so it is possible to customize it to your liking. Here is a link to the latest developer guide that has more details:
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/documentation/R11SP3/aic/help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=customizing-ip/about-ipwebapps.html
Ashwini
julioleiva
Thanks for the info
I have been looking into it, however I don't find how to achieve what I'm looking for.
I have a report that have some parameters,when I deploy it to my Iserver and run it, it shows the default screen for the parameters, what I want is to see the customize screen parameters .
How can I link the report in Iserver to look to my jsp page that has the parameters insted of the default one.
Thanks in advance for your time
averma
Please note any changes you make to jsp page have a global scope and your customization would apply to parameter collection page of any report. Also please provide some more details on what customizations do you want to apply to this page?
Ashwini
julioleiva
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'averma'" data-cid="85077" data-time="1320792854" data-date="08 November 2011 - 03:54 PM"><p>
Please note any changes you make to jsp page have a global scope and your customization would apply to parameter collection page of any report. Also please provide some more details on what customizations do you want to apply to this page?<br />
<br />
Ashwini<br /></p></blockquote>
Hi thanks for your reply<br />
<br />
What we want to do is to have a jsp page that has the customize screen parameters for the rptdesign report.<br />
We don't know how to accomplish that in the Iserver environment, as you know, once we have the report design, we publish it to the Iserver, put it into a specific folder, once is there just click on it and run it.So it shows the default screen parameters.(how we can ask the report to look my jsp page and not the default screen)<br />
<br />
Thanks
averma
Hi juliolevia,
You can build you own custom jsp page using Actuate JSAPI and deploy it in any servlet container. BIRT iServer comes with an embedded servlet container that you could use. You will find it in the following folder:
[Install Dir]\iServer\servletcontainer.
Now you can create an html page that redirects to this jsp.
Here is an article on JSAPI to get you started.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/wiki/index.php?title=GSG:Getting_Started_with_BIRT_JavaScript_API
There are serveral other example of JSAPI usage in product documentation:
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/documentation/Manuals11SP3/using-jsapi.pdf
Hope this helps!
Ashwini
JulioC
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'averma'" data-cid="85351" data-time="1321381803" data-date="15 November 2011 - 11:30 AM"><p>
Hi juliolevia,<br />
You can build you own custom jsp page using Actuate JSAPI and deploy it in any servlet container. BIRT iServer comes with an embedded servlet container that you could use. You will find it in the following folder:<br />
[Install Dir]\iServer\servletcontainer. <br />
Now you can create an html page that redirects to this jsp.<br />
<br />
Here is an article on JSAPI to get you started. <br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/wiki/index.php?title=GSG:Getting_Started_with_BIRT_JavaScript_API'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/wiki/index.php?title=GSG:Getting_Started_with_BIRT_JavaScript_API</a><br
/>
<br />
There are serveral other example of JSAPI usage in product documentation:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/documentation/Manuals11SP3/using-jsapi.pdf'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/documentation/Manuals11SP3/using-jsapi.pdf</a><br
/>
<br />
<br />
Hope this helps!<br />
<br />
<br />
Ashwininow<br /></p></blockquote>
Hi thanks for your reply<br />
I was off for a while , now I'm back<br />
I just tried one of the examples in the link, partially is working<br />
I have this code<br />
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"<br />
"<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">'>http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"></a><br
/>
<html><br />
<head><br />
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/<br />
html;charset=utf-8" /><br />
<title>Viewer With Parameters Page</title><br />
</head><br />
<body onload="init( )"><br />
<div id="parampane"><br />
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"<br />
src="<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://iserver.ls.cbn:8900/iportal/jsapi"></script>'>http://iserver.ls.cbn:8900/iportal/jsapi"></script></a><br
/>
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"><br />
function init( ){<br />
actuate.load("viewer");<br />
actuate.load("parameter");<br />
actuate.initialize( "<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://iserver.ls.cbn:8900/iportal'>http://iserver.ls.cbn:8900/iportal"</a>
, null,null, null, displayParams);<br />
}<br />
function displayParams( ) {<br />
param = new actuate.Parameter("parampane");<br />
param.setReportName("/Public/BIRT and BIRT Studio Examples/Customer Order History.rptdesign");<br />
param.submit(<br />
function ( ) {this.run.style.visibility = 'visible';}); (here is the error)<br />
}<br />
function processParameters( ) {<br />
param.downloadParameterValues(runReport);<br />
}<br />
</script><br />
</div><br />
<hr><br /><br />
<input type="button" class="btn" name="run"<br />
value="Run Report" onclick="processParameters( )"<br />
style="visibility: hidden"><br />
<div id="viewerpane"><br />
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"<br />
src="<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://localhost:8700/iportal/jsapi"></script>'>http://localhost:8700/iportal/jsapi"></script></a><br
/>
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"><br />
function runReport(paramvalues) {<br />
var viewer = new actuate.Viewer("viewerpane");<br />
viewer.setReportName("/Public/BIRT and BIRT Studio Examples/Customer Order History.rptdesign");<br />
viewer.setParameterValues(paramvalues);<br />
viewer.submit( );<br />
}<br />
</script><br />
<br />
and it is showing this error message<br />
this.run.style is undefined<br />
Do you have any idea?<br />
Thanks
averma
Can you try using:
document.getElementById("<run button id>").style.display = 'none';
You will need to give your html button an id.
JulioC
Thanks that worked.