Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Unable to resize column & expression failure
robbinma
Hello,
I am having problems with a report in BIRT 2.3.2
Problem 1 : I can't make the width of the first column smaller in the first table.
The text is "SiteID/Total Cost".
I have tried changing the width of the column but it doesn't accept it.
Can anyone suggest how to fix it?
Problem 2 : The value-of expression just displays the expression when it is being displayed
The formula appears to be correct and it validates successfully.
<VALUE-OF>row["siteid"] + row["ponum"]</VALUE-OF>
the type is set to Auto
The siteid and ponum fields are displayed correctly in the previous columns.
I have attached a copy of the design file and an Excel data file.
It needs the jexcelapi_2_6_12 library.
Can anyone provide any help?
Thanks,
robbinma
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
Concerning value-of tag:
try to set type to HTML. Auto is the same as Plain which means that it doesn't evaluate any tags inside your text.
Concerning the width of the column:
Try to set layout mode to fixed in the properties section of your report. When setting layout mode to fixed layout BIRT won't change the widths of your columns even if the text doesn't fit into the column.
robbinma
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'cbrell'" data-cid="84960" data-time="1320667115" data-date="07 November 2011 - 04:58 AM"><p>
Concerning value-of tag:<br />
try to set type to HTML. Auto is the same as Plain which means that it doesn't evaluate any tags inside your text.<br />
<br />
Concerning the width of the column:<br />
Try to set layout mode to fixed in the properties section of your report. When setting layout mode to fixed layout BIRT won't change the widths of your columns even if the text doesn't fit into the column.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks. I got it to work again with this and setting to HTML.<br />
<VALUE-OF>row["siteid"]+" "+row["ponum"]</VALUE-OF><br />
<br />
I thought I had tried HTML before but it failed.<br />
This is fixed now.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'cbrell'" data-cid="84960" data-time="1320667115" data-date="07 November 2011 - 04:58 AM"><p>
Concerning the width of the column:<br />
Try to set layout mode to fixed in the properties section of your report. When setting layout mode to fixed layout BIRT won't change the widths of your columns even if the text doesn't fit into the column.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks. Perhaps I wasn't clear.<br />
I can't change the column size in the design view.<br />
I have even tried modifying the XML to include a width property but that hasn't worked either.
robbinma
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'robbinma'" data-cid="84940" data-time="1320586555" data-date="06 November 2011 - 06:35 AM"><p>
Hello,<br />
<br />
I am having problems with a report in BIRT 2.3.2<br />
<br />
Problem 1 : I can't make the width of the first column smaller in the first table.<br />
The text is "SiteID/Total Cost".<br />
I have tried changing the width of the column but it doesn't accept it.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
It appears that I needed to set the width AND justify the column.<br />
In my case it was changing the column to left justified