Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT PDF FOOTER PAGE x of y
userjava
I have a old BIRT Report which is on version 2.3.2 and i need to add a footer to dispaly the Page x of y (like page 1 of 20). I added page number on the master page and it always show 1 and doesn't increment any idea how to fix this?
1. I need the page number and total page number.
any help is deeply helpful. I know its easy to fix in latest report but need help on the above version
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
In 2.3.2, there is an issue with the page break events being called when a natural page break is encountered. If you're trying to fill your entire PDF page by having a page break interval of 0, which was the popular option, your page break events will never call, therefore, your page number will always be 1. To get it to increment, you'll need a page break interval on your table that will allow only enough rows to fit a page, then break. I would guess this to be the issue. Let me know if it is not.
userjava
How to fix this issues? Do you have a smaple temple which can be used?
mwilliams
Select your table and go to the page break section of the property editor. Enter a value of like 5 for the page break interval. If your page numbering works correctly now, my assumption of the issue will be correct. If it doesn't, we still have to figure out what it is.
Let me know. If 5 works, just adjust the number up until you can get the most rows on a page without going over to the next page.
userjava
Ok i got it working weired
instead of PageNumber. I saw few option under "Auto Text" when you open the template in eclipse (Report Design Mode)
mwilliams
Ah, I thought you were already using the auto-text and were running into a different page numbering issue. My mistake! Glad you found it! Let us know whenever you have questions!