Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Avoid records with status 'XYZ'
peraka
Hi, We have 100+ reports. I would like to exclude data coming from external interface with the status='xyz'. Now I cannot modify 100+ reports to add this condition.
Is there anyway to place this condition in any of the configuration files. All reports belong to same folder i.e.workorder. Folder level will I be able give this condition & exlude these unwanted records. Please let me know.
Thanks,
Suresh.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
Not unless you used the same data set and stored it in a library, or wanted to replace the schema alias for the table with a view that filtered based on that condition.
Its not hard to write an external program to go through the report designs, modify the data set queries to add a filter condition or modify the where clause.
peraka
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="85079" data-time="1320797055" data-date="08 November 2011 - 05:04 PM"><p>
Not unless you used the same data set and stored it in a library, or wanted to replace the schema alias for the table with a view that filtered based on that condition.<br />
<br />
Its not hard to write an external program to go through the report designs, modify the data set queries to add a filter condition or modify the where clause.<br /></p></blockquote>
Hi John,<br />
Could you please give me an example, so that I could understand easily.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Suresh
johnw
http://www.theserverside.com/news/1364376/Using-Eclipse-BIRT-Report-Libraries-and-Templates
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/examples/reports/
peraka
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="85140" data-time="1320864322" data-date="09 November 2011 - 11:45 AM"><p>
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.theserverside.com/news/1364376/Using-Eclipse-BIRT-Report-Libraries-and-Templates'>http://www.theserverside.com/news/1364376/Using-Eclipse-BIRT-Report-Libraries-and-Templates</a><br
/>
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/examples/reports/'>http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/examples/reports/</a><br
/></p></blockquote>
Hi John, Thanks for the links provided. <br />
<br />
Suresh.
peraka
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="85140" data-time="1320864322" data-date="09 November 2011 - 11:45 AM"><p>
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.theserverside.com/news/1364376/Using-Eclipse-BIRT-Report-Libraries-and-Templates'>http://www.theserverside.com/news/1364376/Using-Eclipse-BIRT-Report-Libraries-and-Templates</a><br
/>
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/examples/reports/'>http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/examples/reports/</a><br
/></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi John,<br />
<br />
I have gone through the links provided by you. If it's a fresh development of reports it's easy to create Library and associate that to all the reports while developing. <br />
<br />
All the reports are in Production. I don't want to touch any of these reports and their design. <br />
<br />
Just by deploying any Resource file or some library, I want this job to be done. <br />
<br />
It would be really helpful, if you can suggest me how to create a Resource file with my requirement, which will fetch only those records excluding the status 'XYZ'. <br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Suresh.