Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
possible to use image resource from classpath?
hedefalk
I need a logo in a couple of reports and I rather not embed it in the .rptdesign file. In the image dialog I have four options:
URI
Image file in shared resources
Embedded image
Dynamic image
I would like to get the image from classpath. I just tried Image file in shared resource, but I'm struggling how to use that correctly with a relative path that works in a deployed webapp. URI says something about web in the tooltip so that doesn't seem to be it either.
Do I need to do dynamic image and insert it runtime? I guess the problem with using a relative file location is that it probably wouldn't work design time, but that doesn't matter too much to me?
Thanks,
Viktor
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Take a look at this post. Specifically on using the image from a resource folder.
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2010/09/birt-image-report-item.html
Jason
hedefalk
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="85064" data-time="1320782300" data-date="08 November 2011 - 12:58 PM"><p>
Take a look at this post. Specifically on using the image from a resource folder.<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2010/09/birt-image-report-item.html'>http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2010/09/birt-image-report-item.html</a><br
/>
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Thanks, Jason!<br />
<br />
Unfortunately I couldn't figure it out by that resource alone. However, I found this thread:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/362386/'>http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/362386/</a><br
/>
<br />
and by that I figured I could set my resource folder to target/classes (which is standard output for both src/main/resource and classes in Maven. That will be the root of the classes in the webapp when running it in a container so then I could do:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>engineConfig.setResourcePath(this.getClass.getResource("/").getPath())</pre>
<br />
and the relative path for design and runtime will be the same.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Viktor
JasonW
That should work fine, but I am curious why this did not work for you:
var jarfile = reportContext.getResource("birtimages.jar");myfulljarimage = "jar:"+jarfile.toString()+"!/green.png";myfulljarimage;
Jason
hedefalk
Well, i didn't try that one?
First off I don't have any jar for the images. These are images reused for both my webapp and the report. So they're in my classpath together with the classes in WEB-INF/classes inside my war.
Second I'm not that comfortable doing too much in js together with things like jars, so I rather just enter a path in the design view pointing to my images on classpath.
Thanks,
Viktor
JasonW
Sounds good.
Jason