Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Selecting No Value in Parameter
bcs0629
Hey Everybody, in my report (2.6.2) I have a parameter that isn't required for the user to select, However, if nothing is selected the report runs blank. One would think that if I selected no value from the parameter list, that the report would run as if there were no parameter at all. Is there a way that if you do not select a value, which isn't required, it runs the report for all of the values?
Thanks,
Bryan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
If the user doesn't provide a value for a parameter the parameter itself exists in the report. The only thing is that it contains null as it's value.
What you have to do is that you add logic that just includes all possible values if the report parameter has value null. I usually have my parameters in SQL statements that why i simply add a OR condition that matches if the parameter is NULL.
bcs0629
Thank you for the help.
Bryan