Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
change parameter between visible and hidden
Tilo
reportContext.getDesignHandle().getElementByID(292).setProperty("hidden","false");<br />
I design a report and i want to change one parameter (named "pickStep", id 292) between visible and hidden based on another parameter(named "operateType", id 297).<br />
i tried to add <pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>reportContext.getDesignHandle().getElementByID(292).setProperty("hidden","false");</pre> to the function beforefactory. but it doesn't work. Can anyone help me?<br />
<br />
I continued the job and found when i use drill through to call another report. the report which has visible parameter didn't call the window of "enter parameter". i want to know how to resolve it.<br />
<br />
what i actually want is to call the window of "enter parameter" which has different parameters(like "stepNum", "stepMin"&"stepMax") based on another parameter(hidden) when i use the drill-through to call the report itself ,one window per hyperlink.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I don't know that you'll be able to do this through script or not. I'll have to take a look. What is your BIRT version? To be clear, you want to choose a parameter in one report and then drill to another report showing this parameter or not showing this parameter? Or am I misunderstanding?
Tilo
hi?mwilliams
thanks for your reply and sorry for my bad description on my problem.
my birt version is 2.6.2.
based on this parameter, i want to decide whether to allow the user to type the parameter(if not, use the default value).i want to do it in one report, so i want to call the window through script. that's why want to change the property "hidden" to "false".
mwilliams
I really don't think this is possible within a single parameter page if using the standard BIRT parameter page. You might be able to do this with a custom parameter page, though.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/298-2.2-birt-tag-library/
Tilo
thanks for your help!I'll try it.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="85341" data-time="1321377146" data-date="15 November 2011 - 10:12 AM"><p>
I really don't think this is possible within a single parameter page if using the standard BIRT parameter page. You might be able to do this with a custom parameter page, though.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/298-2.2-birt-tag-library/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/298-2.2-birt-tag-library/</a><br
/></p></blockquote>