Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Troubles with Pagination - Simple Table / 1 Group
klocki
Although the concept of pagination in BIRT seems clear to me, i can?t get it to work correctly. I guess it is just a little detail i am not quite getting.
I am running BIRT 3.7.1 and i am retrieving my data out of a mysql datasource with a simple select * from ... statement. This gives me apx. 200 records. My goal is to output to a pdf file.
I start with a blank report, insert a table and pull my Data Fields into place. Next i group by one of the Fields, set the Page Break Interval to 0 and tell Table Group Header and the Table Detail to Avoid a Page Break. I think i tried every possible combination of where to set the page break avoid parameter. The report simply seems to ignore it.
Any ideas what i am doing wrong?
Cheers, Alex
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans_vd
Hi Alex,
At the masterpage properties tab, you can select "custom" for the type property.
You can then enter a custom width and height to define your own pagesize.
Good luck
Hans
klocki
Well, i figured out that i also need to set the page break before and after values to "avoid" depending on where i want to avoid page break. Using just the inside parameter does not do the trick.