Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Hiding Export Data option on BIRT iPortal
ATirumalas
Hi,
I want to disable or hide the "Export Data" option which is an option provided to the user after running the report on BIRT iPortal.
I was able to find that this feature can be updated in the $installation folder$/servletcontainer/iportal/WEB-INF/iv_config.xml; by updating the corresponding FeatureName "ExportData"'s Availability option to false instead of true.
I updated the same for all its occurrences corresponding to each role provided. I re-started the iServer and everything seemed fine; Until I uploaded a new file onto the iServer and after the report is run the ExportData re-appears. Confused with what's going on, I tried investigating further.
I was able to find that there are 3 files:
iv_config.xml
iv_config_max.xml
iv_config_normal.xml
All the 3 contained instances of ExportData Availablity. I am not sure if the occurrences in these files should also be updated and what are other implications of doing this.
Please advice what they are used for and what may happen if updated.
Cheers!!
Aj
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi Aj,
This is strange, you only need to update iv_config.xml. What version of BIRT iServer are you working with? Have you done some other customization's to the viewer? Are you using dashboards or just IV?
Ashwini
ATirumalas
Hi Ashwini,
It got fixed on clearing the cache.
Cheers!!
averma
Was it the browser cache or server cache?
ATirumalas
Server was restarted anyways. It was the browser cache.