Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
XML-DataSource: Nested XML-elements
locutuz
Hello everybody,
I am (still) new to BIRT and have a sophisticated job to to.
As data source I have an XML file that contains data elements that can be nested but don't have to.
E.g. I have an XML-element <Element> that (among others) again can contain an <Element>, <StructA> and <StructB> element:
<Element Name="A">
<StructA Name="SA1"></StructA>
<StructB Name="SB1"></StructB>
<Element Name="A_1"></Element>
</Element>
The XML file is generated during runtime by another (own) application (so the XML-structure is an own structure and could be modified)
and then is passed to the BIRT report generator.
So I do not know at design time how deep the XML-structure will be. I have to design my report in a dynamic way.
I googled the internet for some examples or tutorials but unfortunately I coudn't find an apropriate answer.
So I tried some approaches with "Joint Data Sets" and "Subreports" on my own but couldn't reach an acceptable result.
This is very frustrating! :-(
Is it even possible to build such dynamic reports using BIRT?
There is a little more complex example in the attachments, that covers some of my main requirements.
The XML-file (DataSource.xml) shows the "Datasource", the Result.txt shows how the report (a table) should look like.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet