Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
dataset parameters randomly changing
Tubal
I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong of if anyone else is experiencing this:
I have a dataset built with a query. The dataset has 10 parameters, 2 of which are report parameters, and 8 are scripted parameters.
These parameters will randomly rename themselves and change order. For example, I'll have a scripted parameter named 'alb_trsf' as my 2nd parameter, and i'll close the dataset, it will work fine, then i'll get back in to edit the query, and 'alb_trsf' will be renamed param_2_1 (but with the same expression and value) and will be at the bottom of the list.
This is obviously causing some havoc.
Any pointers on what I'm doing wrong?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
Hi,
i think that this is a known bug (or limitation) in the report designer. Every time you edit your query you have to make sure that the parameters tab shows the right content. I suggest to not rename the parameters (i have seen that it usually works when the parameters are keeping their default name)
Tubal
Renaming them back to the original param_1, param_2 didn't seem to help. They still rename themselves and change order randomly.
Kind of a nasty bug. Should I submit a bug report somewhere or is this something that's already being fixed?
Thanks,
Phil