Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
php javabridge setup issue for using birt
Arif shah
Hello,
I have installed tomcat 7. I kept javabridge.war inside webapp folder and started tomcat service. This created javabridge directory inside webapp folder. I think that was it as long as setting up javabridge was concerned. however, when i try to use java functions inside my php file, it throws error. I even copied the javabridge directory inside my root folder. However,it is still not working.
Can someone tell me if i am making any mistake. my purpose is to call birt report from my php application but i am stuck in this issue
ARif
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Did you use this war?
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/743-calling-birt-from-php/
Did you try the examples in the war?
Jason
Arif shah
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="85442" data-time="1321543237" data-date="17 November 2011 - 08:20 AM"><p>
Did you use this war?<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/743-calling-birt-from-php/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/743-calling-birt-from-php/</a><br
/>
Did you try the examples in the war?<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hello Jason,<br />
<br />
Thanks for the response. I just got it working. Actually 8080 port was already occupied and i was trying 8080 port. I had not noticed this. now it is working fine.<br />
<br />
My second issue is how to pass the user information to the report. I want to show only the report data that should be visible to the current user.<br />
<br />
I have followed another thread where you had replied but that thread was a bit more technical for me. I have a little bit knowledge of php but on java end, i am totally new.<br />
<br />
Can you please show me how can we pass on the user information from php to the birt report. <br />
<br />
Arif
JasonW
How are you getting the user in php and how is the data protected?
Jason
Arif shah
Hello Jason,
I simply want to pass the filter data from php to birt. Can you please tell me how to pass parameters from php to birt report when calling from php. I have made a few reports and am successfully calling them from my php website. HOwever, now i want to pass a few parameters from php. can you please explain
Arif