Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
restrict birt report data in php
Arif shah
Hello,
I am calling a birt report in my php site. however, I wanted to restrict the report data based on the current logged in user. How can i pass such information to birt report and how can birt report implement this.
I have already setup php javabridge and am using it to show BIRT reports in my php site.
Now the only issue is how to restrict the report data based on the current logged in user
Arif
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jhelbling
Hello Arif shah,
The following thread might help :
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/23429-passing-user-namelogin-to-report/page__pid__82767__st__0&#entry82767
Arif shah
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'jhelbling'" data-cid="85437" data-time="1321539073" data-date="17 November 2011 - 07:11 AM"><p>
Hello Arif shah,<br />
<br />
The following thread might help : <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/23429-passing-user-namelogin-to-report/page__pid__82767__st__0&#entry82767'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/23429-passing-user-namelogin-to-report/page__pid__82767__st__0&#entry82767</a><br
/></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hello,<br />
<br />
Thanks for the quick response. Actually i am totally new to such stuff. I am not a hardcore programmer. I am trying to embed some birt reports in my php website. I have successfully done that. Now regarding the user filter part, that discussion is a bit technical and incomplete for me.<br />
<br />
In that discussion, it looks like the guy knew how to do it, but had one or two problems. In my case, i dont know where to start from. I know how to get the user variable from php, but dont know how to pass it on to the report<br />
<br />
Can you please elaborate a bit more. That would help a lot<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Arif