Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Sum distinct values??
toddwade
New to this and need some help. Does anyone have a way to total the distinct values from a column of a data set in the report.
sample data
Date Amount Budget(this is a montly budget)
5-11-2011 $50 500
5-12-2011 $65 500
5-14-2011 $100 500
6-12-2011 $20 600
6-13-2011 $30 600
I need a way to take that monthly budget and put together a Year to date budget. The data set links the month budget to each daily transaction so it is repeated 1000's of times a day. I know I could put in a new data set and filter it, but that will not work with the overall report I have. I need to use this data set and figure out a way to get the YTD Budget total calculated. Any help would be very appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
Not sure if grouping by month would do the trick, but give that a try, and set your sum aggregate to use the group as the level.