Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Grouping---Merging header and detail row
kirti1105
Hi all,
Can the extra space be removed from the table while using grouping such that the data in the detail row of next column comes in line with that of the header row. Something like below:
Sr.No.Name Products Amount
1 A AA 10
BB 20
CC 30
2 B AA 10
CC 30
3 D BB 20
Where A, B, C are the group headers and AA, BB, CC are the details data. Also i m attaching the report in which there is such a requirement.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Have you tried selecting the cells of the header row that have values in them and using the "drop" feature of the cell to drop to the detail area? This will eliminate the extra unused spaces and drop the group info to the first detail level.
kirti1105
Yes i have done that. But its working only for single table in a report. Also its not working in tables of other report. Also i have checked other cell properties which may restrict drop to detail working, but didnt got any. Please suggest.
mwilliams
Can you recreate your issue you're seeing in a report I can run? i.e. sample database, flat file, xml, scripted, etc. This way, I can test the report and see it happening myself.
kirti1105
Hi Williams,
Sorry for late replying as i was busy with some other work. I m new to BIRT so not have much idea about flat file n scripted. But i have created a sample table with single group using sample database. I selected the "Classic Models" as data source and for data set selected the table "Customers" and grouped on on city and state data. Also selected the header data cells n made them 'Drop' to 'Detail'. But its not working.I m attaching the BIRT Viewer output and also the rpt.design
Hans_vd
Hi Kirti1105,
You have entered a value in the height property of the header row. Remove the height value of the header row and things will look as you want.
Hope this helps
Hans
kirti1105
Hi Hans,
Thanks a lot, it really helped not only in this issue but also other issue of adjusting the height of rows which i was facing.Once again thanks.
Regards,
Kirti
robcha
<div>Hello</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I have used drop property of header cell for merging detail cells. I have problem with a page break (see attachements), when a header contains an element which height is bigger than height of a detail row.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Could you tell how to solve this problem?</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>