Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
suppress stack trace
dbh03079
Is there a way to suppress the stack trace generated when an exception happens when calling a RunAndRenderTask?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
I assume you do not want the error in the generated html? One ugly way to do this is to add a text element type set to html and with the following code:
<script language="JavaScript">
document.getElementById('error_icon0_0').parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.style.display = "none";
</script>
Jason
dbh03079
Sorry I wasn't quite clear. I have a custom application running on Linux which uses an IRunAndRenderTask to produce a PDF reports. Standard out and error are piped to a log file. If an exception occurs while running the task, a stack dump is produced. I am looking for a way to suppress this stack dump.
Thanks.
JasonW
I assume you are already catching the exception?
Jason
dbh03079
No, it appears to be somewhere in BIRT itself that is catching the exception and printing the stack trace.