Hello,<br />
<br />
got another Question. As you can see <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/24059-parameters-in-sql-statements/'>here</a> I have inetegrated Report Parameters to my Report Design.<br />
<br />
I run my Reports via BIRT API. Now i try to set the Parameters out of my Engine. The Problem is, that I just get Errors.

<br />
<br />
The following code snippet shows how i try to set the Values.<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
IReportRunnable document = engine.openReportDesign(file);
IRunAndRenderTask task = engine.createRunAndRenderTask(document);
task.setParameterValue("RP_startDate", startDate);
task.setParameterValue("RP_endDate", endDate);
boolean validate = task.validateParameters();
logger.info("Validation is: "+validate);
task.setRenderOption(options);
task.run();
task.close();
</pre>
<br />
Variable startDate is instance of Timestamp. The ReportArgument RP_startDate has the Type DateTime.<br />
Whenever i run the code i get the following Error:<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>2011-11-22 10:00:52,767 [main] INFO reportEngine.DumpReportEngine - Validation is: false<br />
2011-11-22 10:00:52,777 [main] ERROR reportEngine.DumpReportEngine - Required parameter RP_startDate is not set.</p></blockquote>
<br />
When I cast "startDate" to Date via<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
new Date(startDate.toGMTString());
</pre>
<br />
I get an Empty Error. Hope somebody can Help me.<br />
<br />
Cheers,<br />
<br />
MALPI