Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Vertical aligned column headers
mjohnsondm
Version 2.3.0 does not allow for vertical align text, does anyone know of a work around? I've tried using image objects but they tend to be blurry. (see attachment)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Have you tried the rotated text control plug-in?
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/537-birt-extension-mechanism/
mjohnsondm
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="85616" data-time="1321979070" data-date="22 November 2011 - 09:24 AM"><p>
Have you tried the rotated text control plug-in?<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/537-birt-extension-mechanism/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/537-birt-extension-mechanism/</a><br
/></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
<br />
I'm using Plateau (Success Factors) PRD (Plateau Report Developer) Birt 2.3.0. I don't see anywhere where you can add extensions. Is there a "rotate text control plug-in"? I looked at the link you sent me, there's a lot of information there. Can you "dummy down" the process of adding the "rotated text control plug-in" for me?
Yogesh Maharwade
you can download jar file for rotated text from below link
http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/birt-controls-lib/downloads/list
and copy the jar files to Birt_232\eclipse\plugins
then you can find rotated text in your palette.
piwya
mwilliams
I was going to link you to the plug-in that piwya posted, but the listing in the birt-exchange marketplace for this plugin says for use in 2.3.1 and above, which you're not using. Give the birt controls lib plug-in a try. Hopefully 2.3.1 wasn't listed specifically because it doesn't work in 2.3.0. Let us know.
mjohnsondm
Thanks guys, I just updated from PRD 2.3.0 to the Eclipse 2.3.2 version. I was able to insert a "rotated text" object. It looked a li'll blurred, not as sharp as the regular text. I noticed this version doesn't have an option to zip package all the files it needs in Plateau as the Plateau 2.3.0 PRD does, is that correct? Do I have to zip my files myself, or an I missing a menu option.
mjohnsondm
Thanks guys, I just updated from PRD 2.3.0 to the Eclipse 2.3.2 version. I was able to insert a "rotated text" object. It looked a li'll blurred, not as sharp as the regular text. I noticed this version doesn't have an option to zip package all the files it needs in Plateau as the Plateau 2.3.0 PRD does, is that correct? Do I have to zip my files myself, or an I missing a menu option.