Hello,<br />
<br />
<span class='bbc_underline'><strong class='bbc'><span style='font-size: 14px;'>I am getting this error.(There is no report design object available.)</span></strong></span><br />
I have done following steps.<br />
I have downloaded the birt-runtime-3_7_1 and mysql-connector-java-5.1.18-bin and apache-tomcat-7.0.22-windows-x86. <br />
<br />
Unzip all the zip file into the C drive.<br />
<br />
After unzipping I opened the startup.bat file inside C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.22\bin folder and I set this line "SET JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_01.<br />
<br />
After setting the path I opened the catalina.bat file inside C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.22\bin directory. And add the MaxPermSize setting to the to the JAVA_OPTS environment variable:set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -XX:MaxPermSize=256m.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
After unzipping the birt-runtime-3_7_1 directory copy the Web Viewer Example directory to the webapps directory of our Tomcat installation. For ease of reference, rename the directory to "birt-viewer". <br />
<br />
I changed in C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.26\conf\tomcat-users.xml<br />
<role rolename="manager"/><br />
<user username="tomcat" password="s3cret" roles="manager"/><br />
<br />
I tested appache connection it works fine and test reports is also fine.<br />
<br />
but when i build some reports/charts through eclipse indigo and i pointed path to "
http://BIRT SERVER IP:8080/birt-viewer/frameset?__report=C:/BIRT/test/test1.rptdesign&sample=my+parameter" location <br />
it does not works fine it gave error <br />
org.eclipse.birt.report.exception.ViewerException: There is no report design object available.<br />
<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.__init(ViewerAttributeBean.java:226)<br />
<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseAttributeBean.init(BaseAttributeBean.java:233)<br />
<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.<init>(ViewerAttributeBean.java:118)<br />
<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.__init(BirtContext.java:44)<br />
<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseContext.<init>(BaseContext.java:69)<br />
<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.<init>(BirtContext.java:30)<br />
<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.ViewerServlet.__getContext(ViewerServlet.java:150)<br />
<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doGet(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:151)<br />
<br />
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)<br />
<br />
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)<br />
<br />
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)<br />
<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:122)<br />
<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)<br />
<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)<br />
<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)<br />
<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)<br />
<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)<br />
<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)<br />
<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)<br />
<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)<br />
<br />
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)<br />
<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)<br />
<br />
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)<br />
<br />
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:852)<br />
<br />
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)<br />
<br />
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)<br />
<br />
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)<br />
<br />
BIRT guru Please provide solution .