Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Contol "Row Height" in EXCEL format
vensw
Hi All,
I was generating PDF reports earlier and now I want to generate the Excel reports.
I'm using Birt XLS emitter and have observed that the size of Row Height is same for all the rows in the report.
Is it the usual behavior in BIRT? Is their anyway to control the Row Height Size for each and every row?
To be more clear:
Suppose I have a report with 5 rows. I want my first row to be of 15" in row height, second, third rows to be of 20" each in row height and the last two in 25".
Thank you for your patience and time.
EVSGK.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Yaytay
25 inches high? That's one big row.<br />
<br />
The built in emitter is limited in a number of ways, but I cannot say for certain whether this is one.<br />
<br />
There are a number of third party Excel emitters (including mine <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.spudsoft.co.uk/2011/10/the-spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters/'>http://www.spudsoft.co.uk/2011/10/the-spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters/</a>)
. <br />
I expect that all of these will respect row height, though in the case of the SpudSoft emitters row height will only be respected if it is an absolute measurement (i.e. 10mm, not 10%).
vensw
My bad.. Replace " with wat ever default measurement(s) it is in Excel.
vensw
HELP Please...
Is there any way to set row height in script, which can inturn set the row height of excel sheet rows?
Regards,
EVSGK.
Yaytay
What version of BIRT are you using?<br />
This <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/17340-row-height-not-preserved-when-birt-report-is-exported-to-excel/page__s__fe000b0aaa2571dee70abef7b2b8d52d'>thread</a>
; implies that BIRT 2.3.0 does not respect row height, but BIRT 2.5 does.<br />
<br />
If you are unable to use a later version of BIRT try looking for a replacement emitter that works with your version.
vensw
Thanks Yaytay for your reply...<br />
<br />
I saw that thread. But I don't want to go with Tribix. Is there any way to change row height? I'm using BIRT 3.7.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
EVSGK.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Yaytay'" data-cid="85805" data-time="1322595421" data-date="29 November 2011 - 12:37 PM"><p>
What version of BIRT are you using?<br />
This <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/17340-row-height-not-preserved-when-birt-report-is-exported-to-excel/page__s__fe000b0aaa2571dee70abef7b2b8d52d'>thread</a>
; implies that BIRT 2.3.0 does not respect row height, but BIRT 2.5 does.<br />
<br />
If you are unable to use a later version of BIRT try looking for a replacement emitter that works with your version.<br /></p></blockquote>
Yaytay
I'm afraid I don't have 3.7.0, but I just ran the attached report through a default configuration of 3.7.1 (fresh from the zip file) and it set the row heights correctly - both for the explicitly set row heights and for the rows where it was reliant on expanding the row adequately.<br />
<br />
Can you attach a report that is not working for you?<br />
<br />
Why are you avoiding tribix? Is it because of a dislike for Tribix or for third party emitters in general?<br />
There are quite a few Excel emitters available now, my <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.spudsoft.co.uk/2011/10/the-spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters/'>blog</a>
; lists those I know of (including the one I wrote), you may find one of those better for your needs.