Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Modify existing dataset at runtime
fruitining
Hi there,
I'm relatively new to BIRT and its API so this question might be a very rookie one. Still I could not figure out how to modify an existing dataset which is defined in my report desgin file. Its populated with data from a xml-file and I would like to read and write to the dataset within the API. Im not quite sure in which phase of the report processing this manipulation has to happen, but its obviously after the engine has retrieven the data from the xml-file.
I also would like to build a dataset from scratch with values I retrieve directly from my java application.
Could you give me a hint which classes and methods are relevant to do this.
Any help would be appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Sounds like you need a scripted data source.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/255-birt-scripted-datasource-example-design/
and
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/examples/scripting/scripteddatasource/
Jason