Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
The viewing session is not available or has expired
torjoshi
Hi,
I have seen numerous topics on the error - "The viewing session is not available or has expired". This looks to me like a generic error message. Maybe this question adds one more to the discussion.
I am trying to run BIRT under load balancer. It's httpd and JBoss 5 as the app server. BIRT version is 2.6. The load balancer is round robin mode. Everytime, the call switches between server I see the error - "The viewing session is not available or has expired". Does that mean this version of BIRT cannot run under a Load Balancer? Do the later versions of BIRT support Load Balancing?
I apologize if there is a thread with this discussion. I just was unable to locate one.
Thank you.
R
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
torjoshi
Hi,
I have seen numerous topics on the error - "The viewing session is not available or has expired". This looks to me like a generic error message. Maybe this question adds one more to the discussion.
I am trying to run BIRT under load balancer. It's httpd and JBoss 5 as the app server. BIRT version is 2.6. The load balancer is round robin mode. Every time, the call switches between server I see the error - "The viewing session is not available or has expired". Does that mean this version of BIRT cannot run under a Load Balancer? Do the later versions of BIRT support Load Balancing?
I apologize if there is a thread with this discussion. I just was unable to locate one.
Thank you.
R
JasonW
Does the load balancer pass cookies and share session?
Jason
torjoshi
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="85851" data-time="1322677061" data-date="30 November 2011 - 11:17 AM"><p>
Does the load balancer pass cookies and share session?<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
No they do not pass cookies or share session.
torjoshi
What's going on here?
mwilliams
A spammer got in. The posts have been deleted.
torjoshi
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="85989" data-time="1322691452" data-date="30 November 2011 - 03:17 PM"><p>
A spammer got in. The posts have been deleted.<br /></p></blockquote>
Thank you.
JasonW
BIRT uses session to store info like the rptdocument. Another issue is that the Viewer also uses AJAX calls back to the server with SOAP calls. As a test could you try using the /Preview mapping instead of the /frameset mapping?
I am not certain this matters in this case but did you set the base href?
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/21462-networking-problem-with-birt-generated-resource-urls/
Jason
torjoshi
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="86256" data-time="1322764559" data-date="01 December 2011 - 11:35 AM"><p>
BIRT uses session to store info like the rptdocument. Another issue is that the Viewer also uses AJAX calls back to the server with SOAP calls. As a test could you try using the /Preview mapping instead of the /frameset mapping?<br />
I am not certain this matters in this case but did you set the base href?<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/21462-networking-problem-with-birt-generated-resource-urls/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/21462-networking-problem-with-birt-generated-resource-urls/</a><br
/>
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Jason,<br />
<br />
Thank you for the reply. Tried switching from 'frameset' to 'preview'. Didn't help. On reviewing the code for the BIRT engine, noticed that the session information is held in local cache map. This can be an issue when you work in a round robin (non-sticky) mode. Correct?<br />
<br />
Rajesh