Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
large queries on webviewer = unresponsive script errors
the.root
So I'm building in birt reports to replace our current solution. I'm just integrating the webviewer into a website to display the reports. I've noticed a weird issue whenever I run a query that returns a large dataset, say more then a thousand rows: it only takes the report about 10s to run, then it displays the results and at the same time pops up with this error message:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding.
You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.
Script: http://localhost:8080/birt-viewer/webcontent/birt/ajax/ui/report/AbstractBaseReportDocument.js:176
[Continue] | [Stop Script]
</pre>
If I press continue generally the webpage and full dataset is available immediately and shows no problems. I don't know why it always warns me of an unresponsive script right when the script finishes executing. I've verified this in IE8, IE9, Firefox, and a few different PC/OS's. <br />
<br />
If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix or avoid this error. I cant really deploy it to production until I can figure it out. If there's anymore verbose log or information that would be useful please tell me what to post.<br />
<br />
Thanks everyone for your help!!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I have not seen this as an issue before. What version of BIRT are you using? Does this not happen with smaller result sets? How did you integrate the viewer? The BIRT tag library embedded in JSP pages or something else? Let me know.