Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Managing Page Breaks in Grouped report
jmcinor
My data set includes a NAME field and a TYPE field along with other detail data fields. I am displaying the output using a Table which has an outer group on NAME and inner group on TYPE. For each NAME, there may be up to 6 TYPES, and I want the report to start a new page whenever the details for a given TYPE have been output. Consequently, I have set the Page Break on the TYPE Footer to After=Always. The resulting behavior is that the page break does occur, but the subsequent page is of the same NAME/TYPE with no details (but the page number is incremented). It is the page following >this page< that is what I would be expecting: the next TYPE for the NAME (or the first TYPE for the next NAME).
Any clues?
I'm running the latest Eclipse BIRT Designer for Win 7 (Version: Indigo Service Release 1
Build id: 20110916-0149).
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Can you recreate this issue with the sample database or at least attach your design? Where are you setting the break?