Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
multipages report
CDO
Hi everyone,
I try to figure out how to display multipages of data under preview/Designer or Birt-viewer. I did the attached report for example. I can't get the multipage feature to display all data (50 rows) per page. I only get the first rows of data on only one page not the whole.
Could you help to do this?
Thanks in advance,
Christophe
PS: I suddenly lost the capability to login in your forum, even I try to get the password. But the forum can't recognize my email address at all. So create a new one. Let me know if you can give me my former account, it was cdoniat.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I don't see any restrictions on your other account. Can you try again? If it doesn't work, I can reset your password and send the new temporary password to the email account registered to that account.
mwilliams
I get 3 pages when I run your attached report in the web viewer. Can you show a screenshot that shows you only getting one page with this report?
CDO
Hi Michael,
For the account, it's ok now. Mybe i was tired ;o
I attached a screenshot which shows a long list of all records. I expect to see three pages (as you mentioned before) with for each header of each column, real page break. Plus, I'd like to put the page number and the total page number like that in the footer: 1/3 ; 2/3 ; 3/3
Thanks for your help,
Christophe.
PS: After the solving of this case, I'll come back to my previous account. I'll tell you to remove this one.
mwilliams
My guess is if you're getting a long list of records, you're either running the report in the preview window or in HTML only. Neither of these are paginated, so the above is what you'd get. If you run it in the web viewer, it should separate into 3 pages. As for getting the page n of m in the footer, all you need to do is click on the masterpage tab under the design window, delete the date from the footer, and drag the page n of m auto-text from the palette. If you want both, delete the date, add a grid from the palette, then add the date and page n of m auto-texts. Hope this helps.
CDO
Hi Michael,
I did a run under birtviewer and I got the same. You mentioned a HTML mode. I can't find the way to say to birt viewer to use another mode. How I can do that.
PS: Thanks for the tips on page and total page.
Christophe.
mwilliams
From the designer, if you select Run > View Report, you have several options to run the report. One in Web Viewer and several other formats, one of which is HTML. When I run the above report, it works as expected when running in the web viewer.
CDO
Hi Michael,
At last, I found where I did a mistake, __navigationBar=false. I changed for true and it worked.
Thanks for you precious help.
Christophe.
mwilliams
Ha. Glad you found it!