Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Title key & internationalization
zax
Hi,<br />
<br />
After recently doing a lot of internationalization, I came eventually to implementing a report title in each of our customers languages. I headed straight over to the advanced properties of my report because I had seen the "Title key" entry before. Added a key and an entry to the properties file (see below) and I was still getting the default report title ("BIRT Report Viewer").<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>report_daily.title=My Report</pre>
<br />
I added "My Report" to "Title" in the advanced properties, and yes it worked. But unless I am missing something here, this could be a bug. The "Help text key" works fine and I assumed this would work just as well.<br />
<br />
In the XML source I have:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><text-property name="title" key="report_daily.title"></text-property></pre>
<br />
Any ideas/workarounds?<br />
<br />
Many Thanks,<br />
Stephen<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Sorry - This is a duplicate. Please post to the other other post with the same title.</strong>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
zax
Hi,<br />
<br />
After recently doing a lot of internationalization, I came eventually to implementing a report title in each of our customers languages. I headed straight over to the advanced properties of my report because I had seen the "Title key" entry before. Added a key and an entry to the properties file (see below) and I was still getting the default report title ("BIRT Report Viewer").<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>report_daily.title=My Report</pre>
<br />
I added "My Report" to "Title" in the advanced properties, and yes it worked. But unless I am missing something here, this could be a bug. The "Help text key" works fine and I assumed this would work just as well.<br />
<br />
In the XML source I have:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><text-property name="title" key="report_daily.title"></text-property></pre>
<br />
Any ideas/workarounds?<br />
<br />
Many Thanks,<br />
Stephen
zax
OK.. this seems to be a bug: <a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=332206'>"Problems
localizing reports title."</a>.<br />
<br />
Sad to see it has been ignored for over a year. If I knew how to fix it I would give it a go.