Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
[2.6.2] Crosstab + EmptyDataSet + Filter problem
egau
Hello everyone,<br />
<br />
Here is the situation, I'm using a crosstab to display information coming from a data set (SQL request). I'm filtering the crosstab to display only results that interest me. The problem is that if the dataset returns no data, the report generation stop and generate an error. <br />
<br />
?org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException: Error happened while running the report ?<br />
<br />
I'm using BIRT 2.6.2.<br />
<br />
You will be able to find a simple example attached.<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Data source :</strong> CSV file ( don?t forget to update the datasource path when you will import it on your computer)<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Data Set :</strong> A request on the datasource file with one filter that make the result of the dataset empty ( I filter on a value that doesn't exist in the CSV file the value ?test3? in the ?comment? column)<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Crosstab :</strong> Using all column of the dataset. I added a filter on it. If you generate the report like that, you will get an error. If you delete the filter on the crosstab OR you delete the filter on the data set ( which means that you will have data returned in the dataset even if they are still filtered in the crosstab filter) the report will generate without any error.<br />
<br />
Does anyone have encountered this problem ? Am I making something wrong ?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Try this filter on your crosstab instead:
Expression:
if (data["comments"] == null || data["comments"] != "test3"){
false;
}
else{
true;
}
Operator: is True
This does the same thing, but doesn't get an error.