Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Measure Report Performance
rtruban
Hello,
Does anyone have an easy technique for measuring how fast a report performs? We have a lot of very complicated data sets and are playing around with different ways to join and aggregate data. I would like a more precise way than a stop watch to compare designs. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Rob
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You could probably log timestamps from different script methods in your report. Then you'd know how long certain sections of the report take to run.
rtruban
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="91129" data-time="1323446123" data-date="09 December 2011 - 08:55 AM"><p>
You could probably log timestamps from different script methods in your report. Then you'd know how long certain sections of the report take to run.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Thanks Michael! When I was researching the other day I ran across some sort of tutorial or article on how to setup logging with monitoring performance in mind. Now I can not find it! Can you point me to a resource that describes how to setup and configure the logging?<br />
<br />
Thanks!<br />
<br />
Rob
mwilliams
Rob,
This post in the devShare links to a resource that shows a good way to do logging:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1142-birt-best-practice/