Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Filter for single data columns without aggregation
Pelus
Hi,
I got a tsv file as datasource.. the structure ist like:
Time_Stamp[datetime] Colour[String] Value[float] Unit[string]
2000-01-01 06:30 blue 15 AA
2000-01-01 07:30 blue 28 AA
2000-01-01 08:30 blue 13 AA
2000-01-01 09:30 red 12 B
2000-01-01 10:30 red 162 B
2000-01-01 11:30 orange 68 C
...
...
...
I want to create some data charts,e.g a line chart.
Y-Value Series1 = all "red" values [12, 162...]
Y-Value Series2 = all "blue" values[15,28,13..] ... and so on
X-Value Series = Timeline
How do I filter the data correctly?
I tried to use the JavaScript Expression Builder in a table, and wrote something like:
If (row["colour"]==blue) {row["Value"]} else null;
I'm missing the correct "else"-case, I just want Birt to ignore the other ( "red" and "orange") values.
"else null;" didn't work.
Is it possible to set a filter condition for only one column in a table?
It's possible in an aggregation field.. but i don't want to aggregate anything.
Or how can i create a computed column without aggregation but with a filter condition... so that i could create 3 columns, one with red values, one with blue values, and one with orange values...
Sorry for my bad english and thanks for your help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
So, you want a chart with multiple lines, separated by color? If so, create a chart like normal, with your time as the x-axis value and your value as the y-axis value. Then, use the color field as the optional grouping field.
If you're wanting separate charts for each color. Create a table in your layout and group it by color. Then, put a chart in the footer and filter it by the group value.
Let me know if neither of these help or if you have questions.