Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
RHEL, MySQL, Tomcat & BIRT Viewer
-ronin-
Hello,
I'm trying to integrate the BIRT Viewer into a Tomcat 5.5.33 instance running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. I was able to successfully install the BIRT Viewer and create a BIRT report for it to display, however whenever i try to access the report I get the following error:
Dec 8, 2011 1:19:03 AM org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager$DriverClassLoader addNewURL
INFO: JDBCDriverManager: found JAR file drivers/mysql-connector-java-5.1.18-bin.jar. URL=bundleentry://91.fwk1180541820/drivers/mysql-connector-java-5.1.18-bin.jar
Dec 8, 2011 1:19:03 AM org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ConnectionManager openConnection
SEVERE: Unable to open connection.
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: There is an error in get connection, Communications link failure
The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server..
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.doConnect(JDBCDriverManager.java:262)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.getConnection(JDBCDriverManager.java:212)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Connection.connectByUrl(Connection.java:237)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Connection.open(Connection.java:162)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.consumer.helper.OdaConnection.open(OdaConnection.java:250)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:165)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSource.newConnection(DataSource.java:224)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSource.open(DataSource.java:212)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.DataSourceRuntime.openOdiDataSource(DataSourceRuntime.java:208)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.openDataSource(QueryExecutor.java:406)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.prepareExecution(QueryExecutor.java:316)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedQuery.doPrepare(PreparedQuery.java:455)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.produceQueryResults(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:190)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.execute(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:178)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedOdaDSQuery.execute(PreparedOdaDSQuery.java:145)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.DataRequestSessionImpl.execute(DataRequestSessionImpl.java:616)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DteDataEngine.doExecuteQuery(DteDataEngine.java:152)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DataGenerationEngine.doExecuteQuery(DataGenerationEngine.java:80)
I know that the MySQL database that I'm trying to access is available because I have another application on the same Tomcat instance that is able to access it. I've tried all sorts of things to try to get this to work but have had no luck so far. Any ideas?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
-ronin-
Side note: The same report works without error on a Tomcat 5.5.33 instance running on Windows 7 against the same database.