Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Visibility
mmd003
I am having a problem with the visibility option for BIRT reports.
I have a report that has 3 columns...The data retrieval looks like this:
Member Relation Status
1 A L
2 C N
3 D L
4 D N
I only want to print the Status if the relation is equal to 'A'.
I have tried several different things. The latest thing I tried
that seemed to make sense is in the visibility , I checked the Hide Element box
for all outputs and put the following expression in there:
if (dataSetRow["RELATION"].VALUE != "A") true;
I am still getting the status displayed for ALL rows.
I have tried a few other things as well, and I can either get them ALL
to print, or none of them to print. It is like it is not evaluating
the statement. I tried to put = "C" false;
I would appreciate any help on this! I've had several people looking at
it here, and we can't figure out anything...figured I would ask the experts!
Thank You!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Tubal
can you just filter your table to only show rows with relation = A? or do you still want to show the other data?
If you still want to show the data and hide only the status, you could put a data cell in the 'status' column, and in the data function, do something along the lines of:
var MyStatus;
if(dataSetRow["relation"] == 'A') {MyStatus = dataSetRow["status"]} else {MyStatus = ''};
MyStatus;
mmd003
Thanks! We had tried about 10 different things like that.
I think that our syntax was just a little bit off, and was causing
us problems.
This works exactly how I want it to.
Thanks again for the help, and the quick response!
I truly appreciate it!