Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to start the container in debug mod ?
LeinadJan
Hello everybody,
I made some load tests on my web application and I notice it made my BIRT container crash. The problem is that I have no idea what is making my container crash. The logs are clean. Can I start the BIRT container in DEBUG mode ?
How do I do that, I haven't found the information.
Thank you
Leinad Jan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
LeinadJan
Hello everybody.<br />
<br />
I found the way to activate the loging by changing the right parameters in the web.xml file :<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>
<!-- Absolute engine log directory. Default to ${birt home}/logs --><br />
<context-param><br />
<param-name>BIRT_VIEWER_LOG_DIR</param-name><br />
<param-value></param-value><br />
</context-param><br />
<br />
<!-- Report engine log level --><br />
<context-param><br />
<param-name>BIRT_VIEWER_LOG_LEVEL</param-name><br />
<param-value>SEVERE</param-value><br />
</context-param><br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
So I was able to see one of the problems :<br />
<br />
GRAVE: Cannot close connection.<br />
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Failed to close the connection.<br />
SQL error #1: Exception d'E/S: Socket closed<br />
;<br />
java.sql.SQLException: Exception d'E/S: Socket closed<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Connection.close(Connection.java:286)<br />
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.consumer.helper.OdaConnection.close(OdaConnection.java:325)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.Connection.close(Connection.java:177)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSource.close(DataSource.java:281)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSource.finalize(DataSource.java:300)<br />
at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.invokeFinalizeMethod(Native Method)<br />
at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.runFinalizer(Unknown Source)<br />
at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.access$100(Unknown Source)<br />
at java.lang.ref.Finalizer$2.run(Unknown Source)<br />
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)<br />
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Exception d'E/S: Socket closed<br />
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)<br />
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179)<br />
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:333)<br />
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.close(OracleConnection.java:1442)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Connection.close(Connection.java:282)<br />
... 9 more<br />
<br />
I've seen on the forums that it's a known problem and it was fixed with BIRT 2.3 . My problem is that we are using BIRT 2.1.1. Do you have any other solution ?