Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Export to excel merges columns
wirzbicki
Greetings all,
First using BIRT 2.3.1 version. After generating the report (in preview). I then do an export to xcell. Upon the creation of the file I discover that there are column merging going on. For example column c+d is merge together. There seems to be no pattern to this so I was wondering if this is normal or not.
In my reports I may have tables within table and grids...
I know this is sparse information so I can give more details if needed.
Thanks in advance!
Mike W
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
This is normal with the standard XLS emitter. It is trying to format the display of the report to look exactly like the layout of your report. The more complex your report is, the more merging that will be done. A simple table listing will not merge any, but if you put two tables with different column numbers or widths, the emitter will try to make it look like your HTML output rather than just list the data. There are other options to use for XLS output. Take a look at this devShare. It has a plugin you can use that should make your XLS output look more like a standard XLS document. Let me know if this one doesn't work. There were a couple of these submitted for a recent contest and one did and one didn't solve the column merging issue.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1421-native-excel-emitter-plugin-for-birt/
wirzbicki
Thank-you for your response. While we won't be able to use the the plug-in xls emitter because we can only use the standard version (no special add-on). I have been able to reduce the merging down to only 1 column by readjusting and standarizing the format. But I don't think I will be able to get rid of the last merge I only want now to shift it to the far left hand side of the report. I will in my spare time look at the add-on you mention.
Thank-you again for your help!
Mike W.
mwilliams
You're welcome! Let us know whenever you have questions!
ramesh nagoor swd
<p>Greetings to all, I am using Birt 4.2.1 V. Whenever i generate a report in birt and export it to Excel or Directly generating in Excel, the cells gets merged (Because in Master Page we have added grid columns). </p>
<p>I would like to know if there is any solution to this.</p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Ramesh </p>