Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Interactive Viewer turned on by default
mannysahu
We have Interactive viewer license on our Actuate iServer deployment. So, I can "Enable Interactivity" from the Web viewer and then use all the interactivity features in the viewer.
However, is there a way to turn on the "Enable Interactivity" on the viewer by default? So that the user does not have to turn it on every time before using the interactive viewer features?
Thanks,
Manny
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi Manny,
Look for AutoEnableIV in "[Install Dir]\iServer\servletcontainer\iportal\WEB-INF\iv_config.xml" and set it to true. Please note that this configuration variable is defined for each role and you will find multiple matches. Choose the role that fits your needs. Role "All" would enable default interactivity for all the roles. This change requires a server restart to take effect.
mannysahu
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'averma'" data-cid="91541" data-time="1323810807" data-date="13 December 2011 - 02:13 PM"><p>
Hi Manny,<br />
Look for AutoEnableIV in "[Install Dir]\iServer\servletcontainer\iportal\WEB-INF\iv_config.xml" and set it to true. Please note that this configuration variable is defined for each role and you will find multiple matches. Choose the role that fits your needs. Role "All" would enable default interactivity for all the roles. This change requires a server restart to take effect.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thank you. It didn't seem to work.<br />
<br />
In fact, I changed the AutoEnableIV for all the roles in file iv_config.xml and did a server restart. Still the user has to enable first before using the Interactive viewer feature.<br />
<br />
I also noticed two other files in the same directory. Not sure if I need to change them as well.<br />
iv_config_max.xml <br />
iv_config_normal.xml
averma
I tested this on my system and it worked fine. What version of BIRT iServer are you using?
mannysahu
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'averma'" data-cid="91551" data-time="1323818959" data-date="13 December 2011 - 04:29 PM"><p>
I tested this on my system and it worked fine. What version of BIRT iServer are you using?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I use iServer 11 SP3.
averma
This is very strange, are you using Information Console that comes with BIRT iServer or are you running it as a separate instance on a different app server?
mannysahu
It's the same information console that came with iServer.
Let me try to change these other two files and see if that makes any difference.
iv_config_max.xml
iv_config_normal.xml
mannysahu
I changed tose additional files as well, but still no luck.
averma
Changes to iv_config.xml should be suffice. You can try cleaning up your browser cache and app server cache ([Install Dir]\iServer\servletcontainer\work) and restart the server (from windows services).
mannysahu
Thank you. I will give it a shot.
Also my server runs on a redhat linux. So far I have been trying to stop the server from the configuration console. Do I need to shutdown the server with the shutdown scripts?
Not sure if that makes any difference, but I thought, I will just mention here.
averma
Stopping the server from configuration console does not stop the application server and that may be the reason your configuration file did not get reloaded. Can you try the shutdown scripts?
mannysahu
That was it.
It works after I restarted the system using the start up scripts.
Thanks for your help.
JoeO
averma,
I think that this might be useful for my clients as well, but was wondering if there is any benefit to having the default set to off? Also, I am using Actuate 11 SP3 but patiently awaiting the release of SP4. Is this something that would have to be updated after installing each new service pack?
Thanks,
-Joe
averma
Hi Joe,
Keeping the default to off will help with start up time for the viewer (marginally), besides that some organizations purchase license for IV only for a limited set of users. As for the need to update the configuration files, the upgrade script should be able to take care of that.
JoeO
Thanks!