Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Scheduled period reports with dynamic dates
SNCE
Please excuse my inexperience, I am building reports to be deployed on BirtOnDemand without yet having an account to try out the report scheduling functionality.
I am trying to build a report which users can execute manually or schedule via BirtOnDemand. The report parameters contain date periods to limit the results. My question is, when the user schedules this report, do they have to input fixed dates? If so, how can I enable users to schedule reports which have a dynamic period such as 1 day, current month, 1 month, or 1 quarter?
Is there a way I can accomplish this with parameters or would I need multiple iterations of this report?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Nilesh Karania
You can define 4 parameters. 1-ReportDuration (day,month,currentmonth,quarter), 2-ReportDurationNumber, 3-FromDate, 4-ToDate.<br />
<br />
Based on the value picked in 1 and 2, at report runtime, determine values for 3-FromDate, 4-ToDate.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'SNCE'" data-cid="91669" data-time="1323834637" data-date="13 December 2011 - 08:50 PM"><p>
Please excuse my inexperience, I am building reports to be deployed on BirtOnDemand without yet having an account to try out the report scheduling functionality.<br />
<br />
I am trying to build a report which users can execute manually or schedule via BirtOnDemand. The report parameters contain date periods to limit the results. My question is, when the user schedules this report, do they have to input fixed dates? If so, how can I enable users to schedule reports which have a dynamic period such as 1 day, current month, 1 month, or 1 quarter?<br />
<br />
Is there a way I can accomplish this with parameters or would I need multiple iterations of this report?<br /></p></blockquote>
SNCE
I added a period parameter to my reports with values like month to date, last 30 days and last calendar month, along with the custom from/to date parameters. In the initialize handler, if a period was specified I evaluated that value and over-rode the from/to date parameters. Works great and allows the user to enter custom dates or a period, and also allows the user to schedule the report accordingly.
Thanks for your help!