Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Header problem in viewer
julioleiva
Hi all
We have a problem with a report that has a table with a table header for the column names
When the report run it goes to the viewer, from there you can export it to a pdf, excel, etc,
The header for the column names in the viewer allocates a big space , but when you see the report in a pdf the header shows the right amount of space
Please see the attached files
We are using Iserver SP113,the behaviour is the same in our design environment
Thanks a lot for any tip on this one
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Megha Nidhi Dahal
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'julioleiva'" data-cid="91978" data-time="1323902014" data-date="14 December 2011 - 03:33 PM"><p>
Hi all <br />
<br />
We have a problem with a report that has a table with a table header for the column names<br />
When the report run it goes to the viewer, from there you can export it to a pdf, excel, etc,<br />
<br />
The header for the column names in the viewer allocates a big space , but when you see the report in a pdf the header shows the right amount of space<br />
<br />
Please see the attached files<br />
<br />
We are using Iserver SP113,the behaviour is the same in our design environment<br />
<br />
Thanks a lot for any tip on this one<br /></p></blockquote>
Hi, I too get the same behaviour. This might be because the output is first Rendered as HTML to the viewer, the formatting intended for PDF output might not be always resembling in here. It's only when you export it to PDF the PDF emitter writes it in a format suitable for PDF output and you see correct width there.<br />
<br />
I may be wrong here, but that's my understanding.<br />
<br />
-Megha
julioleiva
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Megha Nidhi Dahal'" data-cid="92024" data-time="1323970800" data-date="15 December 2011 - 10:40 AM"><p>
Hi, I too get the same behaviour. This might be because the output is first Rendered as HTML to the viewer, the formatting intended for PDF output might not be always resembling in here. It's only when you export it to PDF the PDF emitter writes it in a format suitable for PDF output and you see correct width there.<br />
<br />
I may be wrong here, but that's my understanding.<br />
<br />
-Megha<br /></p></blockquote>
Thanks for your reply, one thing is if I run it on the open source version it behaves as expected.<br />
I just also exported to excel, powerpoint and is working ok, so basically is the way it gets render to the viewer.<br />
<br />
<br />
So you mean, there is no work around for this?<br />
<br />
<br />
I'm using Actuate Professional Designer that uses BIRT 2.6.2<br />
<br />
Thanks
Megha Nidhi Dahal
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'julioleiva'" data-cid="92029" data-time="1323975723" data-date="15 December 2011 - 12:02 PM"><p>
Thanks for your reply, one thing is if I run it on the open source version it behaves as expected.<br />
I just also exported to excel, powerpoint and is working ok, so basically is the way it gets render to the viewer.<br />
<br />
<br />
So you mean, there is no work around for this?<br />
<br />
<br />
I'm using Actuate Professional Designer that uses BIRT 2.6.2<br />
<br />
Thanks<br /></p></blockquote>
Hi julioleiva,<br />
<br />
I'm using the open source BIRT and I get this behavior. I'm not sure about Actuate Professional Designer.<br />
One thing that I can suggest is to have the height of the header row fixed. By default the height will not be specified, try fixing the height of the header row and check whether its fine.<br />
<br />
I tried doing so, and I got a better output
<br />
<br />
-Best Regards<br />
Megha
julioleiva
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Megha Nidhi Dahal'" data-cid="92050" data-time="1324013825" data-date="15 December 2011 - 10:37 PM"><p>
Hi julioleiva,<br />
<br />
I'm using the open source BIRT and I get this behavior. I'm not sure about Actuate Professional Designer.<br />
One thing that I can suggest is to have the height of the header row fixed. By default the height will not be specified, try fixing the height of the header row and check whether its fine.<br />
<br />
I tried doing so, and I got a better output
<br />
<br />
-Best Regards<br />
Megha<br /></p></blockquote>
Thanks for your reply<br />
Actually I found a pattern for this behaviour.If the data fills out the page, the header is shown as expected, but if the data do not fill out the page, the header wide is proportional.<br />
For example if the report has two pages, header in the first page is , if the data in the second has only four rows,header will be really wide<br />
Have you come across with this?<br />
<br />
Thanks