Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Hide outer table's row based on variable set by sub-table
leeysh
Hi,
I want to hide that particular outer table's row depending on the sub-table it contains. The sub-table will set the PersistentGlobalVariable (PGV) and I need to check this PGV to determine whether to hide/show the outer row.
Have tried checking in outer table's row onCreate or the Visibility Expression, both didn't help as the variable is not set yet. Tried checking in outer table row onRender, it takes the last set value, which is not right too.
I am clueless what else can I do to check that variable only after the sub-table is created. I greatly appreciate any help with this issue. Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Genevieve
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Take a look at this design. It was made in BIRT 2.5.0.
leeysh
Hi mwilliam,
The sample design has a common field in both database table. For mine, they are of different name so I used Data Set Parameter Binding to link the two reports together. I created a global variable and tried to update this variable with the inner table primary key during inner table onFetch. However, from the output log, I noticed it is all "undefined". Any idea why?
mwilliams
Can you make the necessary changes to the report I attached to set it up like you've got it and send it back, so I can see all you're doing? Thanks!
leeysh
Hi,
Sorry for the late reply. I realized it's my typo error on the output log.
Another question, will you have some examples on reports that shows the latest row of the data when execute and upon a mouse click on a button, it will to show all the remaining data? Do I have to create two separate reports and hyperlink to each other? Or it's possible to do in a single report?
Thanks!
mwilliams
So, you want the first run of a report to return the last row of the dataSet, then "onClick" you want the rest to show? You should be able to do this with a single report pretty easily. If running in HTML output, you can make this using client side script, so you won't need to even refresh. Let me know.