Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic Columns
Tariq84
Hello I am new to BIRT and was asked to build this table
Site Model AUH DXB FUJ RAK SHJ AJM UQM
IBS 145 478 4 4 4 4 2
ROOF TOP 111 450 40 40 60 40 40
GREEN FIELD 497 275 50 60 70 40 20
SHARED 173 193 30 40 60 20 10
TEMPORARY 76 98 4 7 8 9 6
TOTAL 1002 1494 128 151 202 113 78
the columns values are stored in the DB but I gotta consider that they don't contain values all the time so I'm unable to use group by on DB level
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Tariq84
Hello I am new to BIRT and was asked to build this table
Site Model AUH DXB FUJ RAK SHJ AJM UQM
IBS 145 478 4 4 4 4 2
ROOf 111 450 40 40 60 40 40
GREEN 497 275 50 60 70 40 20
SHARED 173 193 30 40 60 20 10
TEMPORARY 76 98 4 7 8 9 6
TOTAL 1002 1494 128 151 202 113 78
the columns values are stored in the DB but I gotta consider that they don't contain values all the time so I'm unable to use group by on DB level
any help please ?
mwilliams
What does your data look like that needs to look like this? Also, can you explain a little more about what is dynamic about the columns?
Tariq84
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="92792" data-time="1324962234" data-date="26 December 2011 - 10:03 PM"><p>
What does your data look like that needs to look like this? Also, can you explain a little more about what is dynamic about the columns?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hey Michael thank u for ur reply <br />
the columns are parameters to the report so the use may not be choosing them all but i found a way by using the group by feature in BIRT which very similar to the pivot table in Excel<br />
<br />
thank u again<br />
Tariq
mwilliams
So, you've got it working how you need? If not, let me know! Also, let us know whenever you have BIRT questions!
Tariq84
Sure I will as I said before I am new to BIRT and it looks like there is no that much of related support online so here seems to be a very attractive forums to me
Have a nice day
Tariq