Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cross Tab display
Syed Faraz
I have created data cube and displayed data in a cross tab. The data generated in linked between two data sets and grouped by month.
Cross tab output is in horizontal format. Can it be converted to vertical display(like tables).
[
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Syed Faraz
I have created data cube and displayed data in a cross tab. The data generated in linked between two data sets and grouped by month.<br />
<br />
Cross tab output is in horizontal format. Can it be converted to vertical display(like tables).<br />
<br />
C:\Documents and Settings\P7106274\Desktop\birt.bmp<br />
<br />
C:\Documents and Settings\P7106274\Desktop\birt1.bmp
mwilliams
So, you're wanting the measures to spread dynamically downward, rather than across? If so, there is an option to do this. I believe it's on the general tab of the property editor for the crosstab. I don't have BIRT on my personal computer, which I'm on right now, so, I'm not 100% certain this is where it is. I'll download BIRT real quick and post better directions!
Let me know if this is not what you're wanting.
mwilliams
On the general tab, in the property editor, there is a drop down for "orientation". The default is horizontal with another option for vertical. Let me know if this is what you're meaning.
Syed Faraz
I tried joining two data sets(one data set is from oracle source and other is from XML source) using joint data set, but it did not give output as needed(as per requirement).
Requirement in simple words:
Join two data sets and get a (third)joint data set.
Then do calculations on this (third)joint data set. (I tried and found that calculations can't be done...for example:dividing two columns and multiplying with a number in the joint data set)
Syed Faraz
I have actually made use of vertical option in Orientation.
The table structure I need is [ Month , Time spent ,Number val, SPD ] (The four columns in a table). But I'm getting the display as shown in the image that I have attached.
Check the previous post (reply) for the exact requirement. Please do help me in achieving this.
mwilliams
What do you mean that calculations can't be done in a joint dataSet? You can create computed columns to do calculations within a joint dataSet. Maybe I'm not understanding correctly.
Syed Faraz
I want to first join and then perform calculation.
data set 1: (XML source)
column1: || Column2:
Sprint value || Release Value
1 || 1a
2 || 2b
data set 2: (Oracle Source)
Column1: || Column2: || Column3: || Column4:
Sprint Value || Time Spent || Number Value || Month name
1 || 100 || 50 || AUG
2 || 200 || 100 || SEP
3 || 300 || 300 || AUG
Final output needed is:
1) Join two data sets based on Sprint Value.
2) Do calculation: (TimeSpent/Numbervalue)*(1/3600)
3) Grouped by Month
Please find Query.txt attachment.
mwilliams
Not sure what output you're wanting, but here's a table that shows the values and the computation within the grouping. I used scripted dataSets to create the data that you showed above. It'll work the same as if you had used your actual dataSets. This report was made in 2.6.2. Let me know.
Syed Faraz
Thank you for your reply
. It was very helpful.
But there is slight complication. Please do look into the file attached and help me resolving this.
mwilliams
For this case, you should be able to do the calculations in your table, instead. You'd simply use your joint dataSet as the source for your table, group it by month, use aggregations to get the total for the month, then use a new binding or a dynamic text box to do your calculation. Let me know if you need an example.
Syed Faraz
It is done..
I forgot to post..
Thank u for ur guidance
mwilliams
You're welcome! Let us know whenever you have questions!
David_smav
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="93663" data-time="1325780198" data-date="05 January 2012 - 09:16 AM"><p>
For this case, you should be able to do the calculations in your table, instead. You'd simply use your joint dataSet as the source for your table, group it by month, use aggregations to get the total for the month, then use a new binding or a dynamic text box to do your calculation. Let me know if you need an example.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Does this mean a joined data set can be used as data source again to do further calculations? how is that possible?
mwilliams
In this case, the joint dataSet would simply be used as the dataSet, for the table. Then, in the table, the data would all be available for you to create a new binding within the table, do calculations within a text box, or use aggregations. Maybe I'm not understanding your question.