Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Need to rename x-axis value based on dataset column value range
charmi
Hello all,
I have a graph that will display number of items according to price range.In x-axis I kept price range from say 20 to 29 and on y-axis it will show number of items that has price between 20 and 29. Now I need to rename axis because it is displaying 22 (because one of the items price is 22) for 2A - 2I.This values are coming from dataset and I need to replace "22" by "A2 - I2" as x-axis value.20 is equivalent to a2 and 29 is to I2.Here I attached image of what i am having and what I want to achieve.Please help.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lrnrit
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'charmi'" data-cid="92844" data-time="1325142470" data-date="29 December 2011 - 12:07 AM"><p>
Hello all,<br />
<br />
I have a graph that will display number of items according to price range.In x-axis I kept price range from say 20 to 29 and on y-axis it will show number of items that has price between 20 and 29. Now I need to rename axis because it is displaying 22 (because one of the items price is 22) for 2A - 2I.This values are coming from dataset and I need to replace "22" by "A2 - I2" as x-axis value.20 is equivalent to a2 and 29 is to I2.Here I attached image of what i am having and what I want to achieve.Please help.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Hi<br />
<br />
There are many ways to achieve this but i am sorry to say that i could not found anything direct . What i can suggest that do grouping in query itself.<br />
other ways include using if else statement in x axis according to range. <br />
but any way you have to define range manually or use table to group them according to your range and use that data to prepare your chart.<br />
<br />
let me know if it works or you have any other question regarding this.<br />
<br />
lrnit
lrnrit
hi
Please Check devshare link shown different ways to group data by range over X Axis.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1453-range-over-x-axis/
I hope it will be help.
Let me now.
lrnit
charmi
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'lrnrit'" data-cid="92846" data-time="1325148754" data-date="29 December 2011 - 01:52 AM"><p>
Hi<br />
<br />
There are many ways to achieve this but i am sorry to say that i could not found anything direct . What i can suggest that do grouping in query itself.<br />
other ways include using if else statement in x axis according to range. <br />
but any way you have to define range manually or use table to group them according to your range and use that data to prepare your chart.<br />
<br />
let me know if it works or you have any other question regarding this.<br />
<br />
lrnit<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
hi Irnit,<br />
<br />
Thanks for your help.I made a new dataset that will give me the range and id and i had joined it with previous one and it worked thanks for your Idea. Now a new problem arose as if I need to display integer range Letz say 10-20 rather than a1-I1.Then it is not working I am using a query that will "CONCAT" the value 10 and 20.But in BIRT dataset it is giving error,it worked fine with A1-I1.<br />
<br />
Thanks
lrnrit
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'charmi'" data-cid="92886" data-time="1325236793" data-date="30 December 2011 - 02:19 AM"><p>
hi Irnit,<br />
<br />
Thanks for your help.I made a new dataset that will give me the range and id and i had joined it with previous one and it worked thanks for your Idea. Now a new problem arose as if I need to display integer range Letz say 10-20 rather than a1-I1.Then it is not working I am using a query that will "CONCAT" the value 10 and 20.But in BIRT dataset it is giving error,it worked fine with A1-I1.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi I am glad that it worked for you. Have you checked dev share link . it has different ways to achieve this.<br />
<br />
can you upload the query so that i could understand the issue better.<br />
<br />
thanks <br />
lrnit
charmi
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'lrnrit'" data-cid="92887" data-time="1325239214" data-date="30 December 2011 - 03:00 AM"><p>
Hi I am glad that it worked for you. Have you checked dev share link . it has different ways to achieve this.<br />
<br />
can you upload the query so that i could understand the issue better.<br />
<br />
thanks <br />
lrnit<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Hi Irnit,<br />
<br />
Yes I had seen that link, but I am not using actuate so I think it will not help me.The query is "select concat(tb.column1," - ",tb.column2) from tablename". If column has datatype int than it is not working.<br />
<br />
Thank You
lrnrit
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'charmi'" data-cid="93373" data-time="1325484055" data-date="01 January 2012 - 11:00 PM"><p>
Hi Irnit,<br />
<br />
Yes I had seen that link, but I am not using actuate so I think it will not help me.The query is "select concat(tb.column1," - ",tb.column2) from tablename". If column has datatype int than it is not working.<br />
<br />
Thank You<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Hi,<br />
Uploaded new rptdesign file in devshare made in open source birt 2.6. . If You want you can download this version 2.6.1 (RCP DESIGNER) from eclipse site. Its free.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/'>http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/</a><br
/>
<br />
What Database u r using?<br />
<br />
lrnit
charmi
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'lrnrit'" data-cid="93387" data-time="1325506810" data-date="02 January 2012 - 05:20 AM"><p>
Hi,<br />
Uploaded new rptdesign file in devshare made in open source birt 2.6. . If You want you can download this version 2.6.1 (RCP DESIGNER) from eclipse site. Its free.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/'>http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/</a><br
/>
<br />
What Database u r using?<br />
<br />
lrnit<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
hi Irnit,<br />
<br />
Sorry for late reply. I am using mysql server5.0.