Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
change axes scales in chart at runtime
aniketgore
Hey,
I have a line chart. I want to change the X-axis and Y-axis scales using a script. Using onrender script beforeGeneration(), I could change the title of the chart. But how do I change the scales or the interval?
Thanks,
Aniket
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Maybe this will help:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/830-setting-the-min-and-max-value-of-the-xaxis-with-scripting/
aniketgore
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="93129" data-time="1325284781" data-date="30 December 2011 - 03:39 PM"><p>
Maybe this will help:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/830-setting-the-min-and-max-value-of-the-xaxis-with-scripting/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/830-setting-the-min-and-max-value-of-the-xaxis-with-scripting/</a><br
/></p></blockquote>
hey thanks.<br />
I have another issue now. I have a dataset which has a column with 1000 rows. I have created a computed column with some particular 200 rows from those 1000. When I plot a line chart for this computed column, I get a horizontal line as a plot for previous rows that i have skipped, and a correct plot for those 200 rows. I dont understand why am I getting a plot for these previous rows which arent there in this computed column which I plot. Can you help? I have set the X and Y scales to Auto. Also if I set X Origin=Min Value=0 still the same thing.
aniketgore
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'aniketgore'" data-cid="93366" data-time="1325402564" data-date="01 January 2012 - 12:22 AM"><p>
hey thanks.<br />
I have another issue now. I have a dataset which has a column with 1000 rows. I have created a computed column with some particular 200 rows from those 1000. When I plot a line chart for this computed column, I get a horizontal line as a plot for previous rows that i have skipped, and a correct plot for those 200 rows. I dont understand why am I getting a plot for these previous rows which arent there in this computed column which I plot. Can you help? I have set the X and Y scales to Auto. Also if I set X Origin=Min Value=0 still the same thing.<br /></p></blockquote>
Hey,<br />
I have solved the issue.
mwilliams
Great to hear. Sorry for the delayed response! Off for the new year.
Let us know whenever you have questions!