Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
how to run the template again
aniketgore
hey,
I have a .rptdesign file. What I want is: when I run this design, I want this template to execute more than once with different parameters. The parameters i enter only at the beginning. But internally is should rerun this template again with other set of parameters(which is a part of the parameters i entered at the beginning). Is it possible to do it? Plz help.
regards,
Aniket
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
So, you want to pass a set of parameters to a report and run individual reports for each value of the original parameter? Am I understanding this correctly? They cannot run in the same report on different pages? Let me know.
aniketgore
Basically I want a chart to be displayed multiple times but with differect values. The X and Y axes are determined by the dataset output.
So what I have done is I have taken the chart in a table group header. But I am not able to run the dataset again each time. It runs the dataset only once.
mwilliams
So, you're wanting to pass values from each group to the dataSet to get the values for the chart? If you were putting the chart in the group header of the table and the dataSet had all the data for the different charts, the chart should limit the data available to it to the group if you use the "use container as data" option. Let me know your BIRT version, if you need an example.
aniketgore
hey,
I tried putting all the data required by the charts in a single dataset. Now the chart is added in the group and I use data from the container. Its working fine now. But the dataset has some 100000 rows. When i try to plot charts for all this data,(its supposed to plot some 20 charts), and I preview, it keep on processing and never stops(even for an hour).But if I use only 50000 rows to plot, I get the 10 charts. So do you know why it doesnt do it for 100000?
Also, it doesnt give any errors in preview. When I view as pdf, it says theres an error.
mwilliams
If you were to use a separate dataSet for the chart data, you could use dataset parameter binding to pass the value from the outer table to the dataSet used for the chart. That might help with the processing speed.