Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt data set(combinig two data sets)
Syed Faraz
The data generated in linked between two data sets and grouped by month.
(one data source is XML and other is Oracle)
Is there any option in birt so that we can combine two data sets based on a column.
Then perform operation on the joint data set.
Operation is:
If there are 10 columns in output(10 different months)
perform calculations for 2 previous month and current months average..
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You'd just have to use a couple temp variables to store the last 2 row's values and use these variables in a computed column to do your computation, then replace the last two values variables to the correct values. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need an example.
Syed Faraz
It would be very helpful if you provide me an example.
Stored procedures should not be used and I did not get to know about the usage of temp variables.
What I am doing:
As of now I am simply creating a .rptdesign file.
I want to resolve issues using data sets or data cubes or any other feature present in birt while creating a report design file.
I am relatively new to this report generation concept in birt.So,struggling a lot.
Note:
I have generated that previous two and current row summation separately in oracle data set.(but not of use)
Because as per requirement I need to fist join two data sets(One from Oracle source and other XML source), and then perform the calculation of previous two and current rows on the third data set(generated by combing other two data sets).
Please do help me in resolving this.
Syed Faraz
Please do provide me an example.
mwilliams
Sorry, I should have asked. What is your BIRT version?
Syed Faraz
version : 2.6.1
I can download latest version if it is needed
mwilliams
Not necessary. I'll get you an example as soon as I get one made.
mwilliams
Ok, because of the sorting when you do a joint dataSet in BIRT, I wan't able to do a computed column, but I was able to add the binding to the sorted table in the design. You could also add the binding to the original dataSet before the join, if you wanted. An array is created in the initialize event and an expression to compute the value is done in the computed binding. Let me know if you have questions.