Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Multiple pie chart example needed please
AlbertYu
Hello,
Could anyone please provide me of an example BIRT report that shows multiple pie charts, similar to the attachment?
I am trying to get mine working, but I am stuck on the "Optional Grouping" part.
Thank you in advance,
Albert
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
AlbertYu
Sorry, I didn't click "Attach This file".
Here is the attachment.
Regards,
Albert
lrnrit
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'AlbertYu'" data-cid="93399" data-time="1325546029" data-date="02 January 2012 - 04:13 PM"><p>
Sorry, I didn't click "Attach This file".<br />
<br />
Here is the attachment.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Albert<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Hi ,<br />
<br />
What are you not getting about Optional grouping, can you be more clear what you want. As attached image shows it seems optional grouping is used in it.<br />
<br />
Check Attached RPT design<br />
<br />
lrnit
AlbertYu
Thanks for the example.<br />
<br />
Yup. I will be more clear:<br />
<br />
I am using a data cube with the following set up:<br />
- Group: Org Name<br />
- Group: IT Sup Name<br />
- Summary field (measures): COUNT IT Sup Name<br />
<br />
When I set my pie chart element to the following:<br />
<br />
Slice Size Definition: data["Summary Field/IT_SUP_NAME"] <br />
Category Definition: data["IT Sup Name/IT_SUP_NAME"] <br />
<br />
it seems to come up with a correct pie chart (<em class='bbc'>but just one</em>). This is shown in "single_pie.jpg".<br />
<br />
What I want are multiple pies of ones similar to "single_pie.jpg".<br />
<br />
When I try to do this by setting:<br />
<br />
Slice Size Definition: data["Summary Field/IT_SUP_NAME"] <br />
Category Definition: data["IT Sup Name/IT_SUP_NAME"] <br />
Optional Grouping: data["Org Name/ORG_NAME"] <br />
<br />
the pie chart shown in "multiplepie.JPG" is shown.<br />
<br />
However, this output isn't correct because the values are all 1. They should be values like [5,6], [10,20], [30,10], etc? not 1s.<br />
<br />
Do you know why? What do I need to do or not do in order for the output to be what I want?<br />
<br />
Your help is much appreciated.<br />
<br />
<br />
Thank you in advance,<br />
<br />
Albert
lrnrit
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'AlbertYu'" data-cid="93437" data-time="1325631760" data-date="03 January 2012 - 04:02 PM"><p>
Thanks for the example.<br />
<br />
Yup. I will be more clear:<br />
<br />
I am using a data cube with the following set up:<br />
- Group: Org Name<br />
- Group: IT Sup Name<br />
- Summary field (measures): COUNT IT Sup Name<br />
<br />
When I set my pie chart element to the following:<br />
<br />
Slice Size Definition: data["Summary Field/IT_SUP_NAME"] <br />
Category Definition: data["IT Sup Name/IT_SUP_NAME"] <br />
<br />
it seems to come up with a correct pie chart (<em class='bbc'>but just one</em>). This is shown in "single_pie.jpg".<br />
<br />
What I want are multiple pies of ones similar to "single_pie.jpg".<br />
<br />
When I try to do this by setting:<br />
<br />
Slice Size Definition: data["Summary Field/IT_SUP_NAME"] <br />
Category Definition: data["IT Sup Name/IT_SUP_NAME"] <br />
Optional Grouping: data["Org Name/ORG_NAME"] <br />
<br />
the pie chart shown in "multiplepie.JPG" is shown.<br />
<br />
However, this output isn't correct because the values are all 1. They should be values like [5,6], [10,20], [30,10], etc? not 1s.<br />
<br />
Do you know why? What do I need to do or not do in order for the output to be what I want?<br />
<br />
Your help is much appreciated.<br />
<br />
<br />
Thank you in advance,<br />
<br />
Albert<br />
<br />
<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Hi Albert<br />
<br />
What output you are getting when you are using values from directly data set not cube. <br />
Can you create this issue with sample data base and upload the file so that, i could take a look.<br />
<br />
lrnit
lrnrit
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'AlbertYu'" data-cid="93437" data-time="1325631760" data-date="03 January 2012 - 04:02 PM"><p>
Thanks for the example.<br />
<br />
Yup. I will be more clear:<br />
<br />
I am using a data cube with the following set up:<br />
- Group: Org Name<br />
- Group: IT Sup Name<br />
- Summary field (measures): COUNT IT Sup Name<br />
<br />
When I set my pie chart element to the following:<br />
<br />
Slice Size Definition: data["Summary Field/IT_SUP_NAME"] <br />
Category Definition: data["IT Sup Name/IT_SUP_NAME"] <br />
<br />
it seems to come up with a correct pie chart (<em class='bbc'>but just one</em>). This is shown in "single_pie.jpg".<br />
<br />
What I want are multiple pies of ones similar to "single_pie.jpg".<br />
<br />
When I try to do this by setting:<br />
<br />
Slice Size Definition: data["Summary Field/IT_SUP_NAME"] <br />
Category Definition: data["IT Sup Name/IT_SUP_NAME"] <br />
Optional Grouping: data["Org Name/ORG_NAME"] <br />
<br />
the pie chart shown in "multiplepie.JPG" is shown.<br />
<br />
However, this output isn't correct because the values are all 1. They should be values like [5,6], [10,20], [30,10], etc? not 1s.<br />
<br />
Do you know why? What do I need to do or not do in order for the output to be what I want?<br />
<br />
Your help is much appreciated.<br />
<br />
<br />
Thank you in advance,<br />
<br />
Albert<br />
<br />
<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Hi Albert<br />
<br />
What output you are getting when you are using values directly from data set not cube. <br />
Can you create this issue with sample data base and upload the file so that, i could take a look.<br />
<br />
lrnit
AlbertYu
Hi lrnit,
Here is a small sample database of my data.
Please let me know if you have any questions about it.
Regards,
Albert
lrnrit
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'AlbertYu'" data-cid="93715" data-time="1325799927" data-date="05 January 2012 - 02:45 PM"><p>
Hi lrnit,<br />
<br />
Here is a small sample database of my data.<br />
<br />
Please let me know if you have any questions about it.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Albert<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Hi albert,<br />
<br />
First of all i suggest you not to use cube as i tried but cant get desired output.<br />
<br />
But it is possible if we use data directly from dataset. <br />
<br />
What you need to do is <br />
<br />
yes/no Category Defination<br />
App Slice Size<br />
ORG Optional Group<br />
<br />
Important In category Defination Use Grouping on it and count aggregation over it in chart itself.<br />
<br />
<br />
Let me know if it works for you.<br />
<br />
lrnit<br />
<br />
Check Attachments <br />
AlbertYu
It worked lrnit!
Thank you very much
I appreciate it.
See you around.
Albert