Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Sum of the values of items placed in different grids
Johny Key
Hello,
I am trying to cope with this problem for the whole day, but I didn't find any solution yet.
The report I am working on consists of many separate grids, every binded to different data-source. For simplification let's say every grid is of size 1 by 1 (every grid contains only one cell).
So there are three grids in the report:
______
| sum | <- grid 1
|______|
______
| agg1 | <- grid 2
|______|
______
| agg2 | <- grid 3
|______|
Grids 2 and 3 contains aggregation items with computed values. What I want to achieve is to compute sum of these two values and show it in the data item (sum) in the grid 1. I tried to use persistent global variables but the problem was, that grid 1 has to be placed above grid 2 and grid 3.
I will be very grateful for any help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
If you are using the run and render tasks separately, you should be able to set your PGV's in your onCreate script and set the value of your "sum" element in its onRender script. There may be other ways depending on your version of BIRT. What is your BIRT version?
Johny Key
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="93435" data-time="1325630482" data-date="03 January 2012 - 03:41 PM"><p>
If you are using the run and render tasks separately, you should be able to set your PGV's in your onCreate script and set the value of your "sum" element in its onRender script. There may be other ways depending on your version of BIRT. What is your BIRT version?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thank you so much mwilliams for your fast reply. I tried to use PGV's the way you described but now I understand where the problem was. How can I separate run and render tasks in BIRT 2.6.2 please? Are there any other ways to achieve described functionality. If so, can you please give me some hints?
mwilliams
If you're calling your reports with a URL, you should use the framset option and use the URL parameter format=pdf if you're trying to run it in PDF. You could also use the REAPI to run separate run and render tasks.